Virtual Pwnies

Virtual Pwnies
Delving into the overlooked world of horses in media and video games.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

talkingMongo0se v.s. Threnody

So hi all!

I'm planning on starting to finish some videos that I have been working on for a long time.

One of them will be the update on the dominant white standardbred colt.  Heather has recently had power returned to her house and I can start compiling our media to make a video.  This one will be my first priority to finish.

I also found out that most people don't know I'm a contributor on several barn forums and go by the name of Threnody.  The main reason why is that the name I use is different there than what I use on the blog.  I felt the need to explain why I purposely use different names between boards and this blog.   talkingMongo0se is a reviewing persona, while I use Threnody, for the most part, to represent myself.

But why?  Well, like Doug Walker of ThatGuyWithTheGlasses fame, AKA The Nostalgia Critic, I want to keep a persona and myself a bit separate.  With the character of talkingMongo0se I not only have a degree of separation between my more serious scientific posts on other boards as Threnody, but this also allows the character talkingMongo0se do and say things for the sole purpose of a joke or entertainment and to generally be taken less seriously.


Like how rodeo halfpipe would be hardcore.

 But the ethics of rodeo riding, much less doing so in an all concrete environment that would likely harm the animals participating, as well as pointing out the dangers of helmet-less riding, would get in the way if that comment is to be taken seriously.   

Please note the image above comes to us through the "friendship is magic" of Photoshop.

Though please note that I only desire to entertain with jokes of other characters and 'virtual' things in movies, games, and other media, not real individuals.  Plus to make fun of what Hollywood thinks really happens in the world of horses.

Cough:anyteenhorsemovie:cough

Going back to Doug Walker, he recently had a bit of a problem with people not discerning between his character and himself.  Not from his lack of trying, but this is the internet and these things happen.


His character Nostalgia Critic would riff on movies with Matilda child actress Mara Wilson.  NC would say how he didn't like the movies and would make fun of Mara's roles.  When the now adult Mara Wilson found out about his reviews she was upset.  Doug Walker an his associates went out of their way to contact Mara and to resolve the misunderstanding.  Doug deeply respects Mara and her work, he just was never a fan of the movies themselves.  What resulted after everything was resolved was some of the best episodes ThatGuyWithTheGlasses site has made in collaboration with Mara Wilson herself.

Please check out Doug's site and I hope you enjoy the content to come on Virtual Pwnies!

No comments: